Wilmington Truck Accident Lawyers
Ready to Hold Negligent Truckers Liable in North Carolina
Since commercial trucks such as big rigs and semi-trucks are massive in size and weight, a collision involving a smaller vehicle can be devastating. A truck accident often results in more property damage, as well as more catastrophic and fatal injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, one of the most important steps you must take is to hire an experienced attorney to help you recover your entitled compensation.
At Daniel, Holoman & Associates, we can protect your rights and best interests throughout the legal process while you make the best possible recovery from your injuries. Partner Butler Daniel knows how trucking companies and their insurance carriers defend these cases, because he spent years early in his career defending them. Now he uses that inside knowledge to help injured people recover the compensation they deserve. With more than 35 years of combined experience, our legal team has helped secure over $100 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients.
Contact us today at (866) 380-2281 for a free consultation. Serving clients in North Carolina, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
About Truck Accidents
In order to succeed in a truck accident claim, you must prove that the truck driver or any other parties was responsible for causing the crash and your injuries. You must establish that the defendant had a duty of care to safely operate the truck and follow traffic laws, the defendant breached that duty of care, the breach directly led to the crash, and you suffered damages as a result of the wreck.
The following are some of the leading causes of truck crashes:
- Driver error – Considered the most common cause of truck crashes, truck drivers may driver recklessly or violate traffic laws. Common examples include distracted driving, drunk/drugged driving, fatigued driving, and reckless driving.
- Poorly maintained vehicles – Since trucks are on the road for days on end and travel thousands of miles per week, they must be properly inspected and maintained to ensure they are safe and durable to drive. Failure to conduct regular inspections and maintenance can lead to a wreck.
- Improperly loaded and overloaded cargo – If the cargo is improperly loaded, the contents on the truck may spill onto the road and strike other vehicles. In addition, not only may an overloaded truck result in a vehicle malfunction because of the weight, but it may also be against the law because of federal weight standards.
- Equipment failure – If a truck crash was caused by a defective truck or vehicle part, then the injured party may be able to seek damages through a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer.
In many trucking collisions, there are several other parties who may be held liable.
Common parties involved in a truck accident include:
- The trucker
- The carrier or trucking company
- The truck owner
- The company leasing the truck or trailer
- The cargo loader or shipper
- The manufacturer of the truck, trailer, or parts
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Our legal team can conduct a thorough accident investigation, gather and analyze evidence from the scene, negotiate with trucking companies and insurance companies, litigate your case, and maximize your entitled compensation. We are ready to fight for you immediately, so please reach out to our firm.
Call (866) 380-2281 to learn how Daniel, Holoman & Associates can help you today!
- Former Client
- Former Client
- Former Client
We Are Not a Case Mill Firm
We keep a low case volume so that we can dedicate the massive amount of time, energy, and resources that each case deserves.
Primary Focus on Serious Injury Cases
We handle serious medical malpractice cases. Other law firms around the country refer us cases they are not equipped to take on or are afraid to handle.
Trained & Experienced Trial Lawyers
Many lawyers who advertise for and take injury cases are either unwilling or afraid to take cases to trial if necessary to achieve a fair result, but we have extensive experience with actual medical malpractice and nursing home negligence jury trials. We prepare every single case as if we will go to trial.
A Focused, Creative, Collaborative Team Approach
Our attorneys work together on virtually all of our cases in order to secure the best possible outcome. Two minds are always better than one.