Medical Malpractice Cases in Wilmington
Skilled Representation for Victims of Medical Negligence in North Carolina
The attorneys at the Wilmington law firm of Daniel, Holoman & Associates LLP are devoted to helping those who have been injured at the hands of those who were trusted to help. We fight to hold negligent doctors, surgeons, nurses, pharmacists, and other medical professionals accountable and to recover maximum compensation for each injured client.
The complexities and challenges of a medical malpractice claim force some attorneys to shy away from pursuing action. Our lawyers are not intimidated. Attorneys Butler Daniel and M. Justin Holoman have over 35 years of combined experience taking on insurance companies and health care providers on behalf of individuals throughout the Southeast.
What is Considered Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is when a medical provider, like a doctor or nurse, or hospital fails to provide proper treatment for a patient that results in the patient suffering serious injury, illness, or even death. Examples of medical malpractice can include:
- An error when administering anesthesia
- A mistake in childbirth that injures the newborn or the mother
- A prescription error
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis
Proving medical malpractice can be a challenge and four legal elements need to be met. The elements are; duty of care, dereliction of duty, direct cause, and damages. North Carolina has a statute of limitations for when a claim can be filed, which is three years from the date when the malpractice that caused the injury occurred or one year after the date when the error was discovered.
Skilled in a Wide Range of Medical Negligence Claims
At Daniel, Holoman & Associates LLP, we focus almost exclusively on medical malpractice claims. We encourage you to reach out to our experienced attorneys if you or your family has been impacted by any form of medical negligence.
We handle a variety of different claims, including:
- Surgical errors: When a person undergoes surgery, they are literally putting their life in the hands of another. The tiniest error can have huge ramifications, including serious injuries like spinal injuries or brain injuries. We hold surgical professionals accountable when their negligence results in serious harm.
- Injuries from negligent obstetricians: When an OB-GYN is negligent, not only is the mother at risk, but so is her child. We have helped families recover large compensation awards when their lives have been impacted by obstetrician negligence.
- Emergency room errors and hospital negligence: Staff in hospitals and emergency rooms have a standard duty of care to follow when treating patients. When they fail to provide this level of care and an injury occurs, we are there to stand up for the rights of the victims.
- Common medical errors: Unfortunately, medical errors are common. Ill effects are rarely suffered, which is why these errors continue to be made time and time again. However, cutting corners and not following protocol can have disastrous consequences. If you or a loved one has been harmed by any type of error made by a medical professional, we are here to demand accountability.
Unique Insight from Our Firm's Founder
In addition to our experience, legal knowledge, and network of medical experts, we are also fortunate to have the unique insight provided by our firm's founder, Butler Daniel. Mr. Daniel is a former insurance defense attorney who knows how the opposing side works. He is well-aware of how they build cases, if they are prepared to litigate, and when they are ready to make a serious settlement offer. His insight, combined with our other attorneys’ know-how and grit, allows us to form a case for you that will win you the compensation you deserve.
Daniel, Holoman & Associates LLPhandles medical malpractice litigation throughout the Southeast, including North Carolina, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Contact our lawyers today by calling our office toll free at (866) 380-2281 or by writing to us online.
We Are Not a Case Mill Firm
We keep a low case volume so that we can dedicate the massive amount of time, energy, and resources that each case deserves.
Primary Focus on Serious Injury Cases
We handle serious medical malpractice cases. Other law firms around the country refer us cases they are not equipped to take on or are afraid to handle.
Trained & Experienced Trial Lawyers
Many lawyers who advertise for and take injury cases are either unwilling or afraid to take cases to trial if necessary to achieve a fair result, but we have extensive experience with actual medical malpractice and nursing home negligence jury trials. We prepare every single case as if we will go to trial.
A Focused, Creative, Collaborative Team Approach
Our attorneys work together on virtually all of our cases in order to secure the best possible outcome. Two minds are always better than one.